Health benefits of air con systems
Not only can air con systems help you stay cool when temperatures soar but there are health benefits to having air conditioning too. Here are just some of them:
- For people who are elderly or have health conditions which mean that they are bedridden or only spend limited time outside of their homes, having air con can make them less likely to overheat and get heat exhaustion on hot summer days.
- Having your home or workplace at a constant temperature can help your body stay healthy. A fluctuating temperature means that your body has to work harder and use up energy that could be better used trying to fight off any potential infections or illnesses. People with COPD and other lung conditions are told by specialists that the best temperature for their bedroom is 18°C (64°F). With an air conditioning system, you are in complete control and get to set the temperature.
- Asthma, hay fever and dust allergy sufferers may find their symptoms relieved when they have air con. This is due to air conditioning systems bringing in fresh air and removing stale air. An air conditioning unit removes some of the pollutants that can cause hay fever and dust allergy flareups. This should hopefully help you get a better night’s sleep.
- An air con also removes bad odours and harmful gases, keeping the air humidity just right. As long as it’s serviced once a year, it’ll help in the fight against bacteria as bacteria can’t thrive in a cool room like it can in a hot room.
- Being cooler could help speed up your metabolism. Ideal if you’re trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
Having an air conditioning unit fitted in your home or workplace could cost less than you think. To request a free survey and quote, give us a call on 0161 941 5038 or fill in our online form.